Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Tree Made with SU Punches

Hello. I thought I would do something a little different today. Different for me anyways. I thought I would do a "Pictorial Tutorial". I don't own a video camera, so photos will have to do.


I saw this cute little Christmas tree made with Stampin Up paper punches on The Splitcoast Stampers web site. I wish I could remember who the original artist is so I could give her credit. I dissected her tree, and made some step by step pictures to post on my blog.

The first photo is of the finished product. The punches used are the "Scalloped Circle", and "Small Star". Other accessories used were SU two-way glue pen, SU dazzling diamonds glitter, and a small clear sticky gem from Michael's.

You will notice as you follow the pictures that if you follow my instructions to the letter, you will have enough pieces to make 2 trees. You can place them both on one card together, or make two cards with them. I prefer the latter, so that I have two cards made quickly.

The first thing I did was to punch out 3 scalloped circles. I set two of them aside. The first one, I counted 6 scallops out and marked them. Then I used a straight edge to draw the dashed cutting lines that you see in the picture. Next, you can cut the pieces on the dashed lines, and throw away the two single scallops.







On the second scallop, I counted and marked off 5 scallops. Next, drawing the dashed lines with a straight edge, also gave us the "two scallop piece" that we will also be using to build the tree. So, cut on the dashed lines, and set all four pieces aside.











For the third scallop piece, I counted and marked off four scallops. As you can see this gives us "2-four scallop pieces" and "2-three scallop pieces". Again, I drew the dashed lines to give me an easy guide to cut, and then I cut the pieces and set them aside.









Next I stacked the pieces up vertically to see how the tree would fit together. Obviously the largest piece on the bottom and smallest on the top. Then I adhered them together with snail adhesive as you can see in the next picture. The final step was to add some glitter to each level of the tree, and a sticky gem to the star, and the tree is ready to put on a card.





Sorry, I don't have the complete card to show you, maybe I will post that tomorrow.







Just in case anyone wants to know, the car stock that I used was SU Garden Green, and SU Shimmer Gold. It also looks nice in SU Handsome Hunter. Obviously, there are many colors out there that would look nice, the ones above are just my personal choices.
























1 comment:

Connie said...

Great directions! I'm going to try that one day.

Connie J.