Monday, December 1, 2008

My Version of the Snow Globe



Hello. A lot of stampers out there are creating snow globes with their Stampin Up cutting tools, and stamps. I am going to show you my version. Unfortunately, my version involves a discontinued Stampin Up Paper Punch, and a non-Stampin Up cutting tool. Oh No! What a bad SU demo I am. Oh well. Life goes on. Here is a photo of my snow globe:

The base of my snow globe was made by piecing 3 halves of the SU round tab punch together, and giving it a little dimension by drawing the lines with my SU basic Black marker. Now, the main part of the globe, was made with a tool that I purchased from Creative Memories before I was a Stampin Up Demonstrator. I saw no reason to also purchase the coluzzle that SU sells, when I already had circles and ovals from CM. The next photo is of the CM Cutting circle that I used. I hope I am forgiven. Its not like I haven't used non SU products on this blog before. Can you tell I have the guilts? Oh well, they always go away. haha.

Well, I drew a squiggly line with my SU white gel pen to set the boundary for the snow pile in the globe, then used a sponge dauber and SU's white craft ink to make the bed of snow that the snowman is sitting on. Then I placed my snowman (who was punched with SU's retired Snowman punch) into the globe, and colored him with my basic black marker. I then drew some falling snow with my SU white gel pen, and it was done. All that is left is to place it onto a card. However, I have a workshop here at my house Tuesday evening that I need to finish getting ready for, so I will post the finished card another day. Thanks for visiting, and if anyone wants to share their version of a snow globe, send me a photo of it via email with your name, and I will post it on my blog giving you full credit. We could do a compare and contrast. Well, gotta run, lots of card stock to cut. Lisa

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

You are on a roll, girl!! This is awesome!!!

I love that tree so much - I'm going to make that for my hostess appreciation later this month.