Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ornament on a Card

Hello. Well, I don't mean to sound like a "grinch", but I am just about all out of Christmas card ideas for one year. However, I have been wanting to try something that I saw on Splitcoast Stampers Website a few times. Which is, a paper christmas ornament on a card. I have to say, its not as wonderful as I had hoped it would be. I decided to run some miscellaneous red card stock through my cuttlebug machine with the swirls embossing folder, and then heat emboss the raised surfaces. I saw this technique on Jennifer McGuire's blog. However, Jennifer's sure looks cleaner. Maybe because she used clear embossing powder. Anyways, I heat embossed with silver EP, then cut into a circle, then punched half of an SU Round Tab Punch with SU silver card stock. Next I added the SU retired silver cord, and red satin bow. The red satin ribbon was a gift from a friend, I believe it is Anna Griffin ribbon. Then I heat embossed the sentiment (SU - from retired set "Warmest Regards").

Next, I punched a border with my Martha Stewart Gingerbread Border Punch, and added the red card stock behind the border to show it off a bit more. The ornament itself is just adheared with some snail adhesive. That about sums it up.

No comments: