Friday, December 5, 2008

Cards Made at My Tuesday Workshop

Hello. Whew, my Tuesday evening workshop ran pretty late, and I was very busy on Wednesday and today, so here I am posting at midnight. Oh well, that's life. I prepared simple cards for the ladies to put together, because their purpose was to make more than one of each design so that they would have enough Christmas cards to finish their stock and get them in the mail. I don't blame them, I am still making mine, much less get any of them mailed.


Don't you just love the one or two people who every single year get their cards to your mailbox by the 1st of December? I am talking about handmade cards! HOW IN THE WORLD DO THEY DO THAT? I always say that I am going to start making Christmas cards in July, and never do it. Too busy enjoying the hot beautiful Ohio weather I guess. Ok, onward.....

The first card has a stampin Up Elegant Eggplant card stock base. Yes, if some of us can use pink as a Christmas color, why not Purple. Speaking of pink Christmas cards, my friend Lydia has an awesome bright pink Christmas card on her blog, click on her name and go see it. You will probably have to scroll down a bit though. Anyways, it is very cute; you have got to see it. It is hard to tell in the photos, but the snowflakes were heat embossed with SU Iridescent Ice EP.


Stamps: SU The Snowflake Spot



This card was made with one of the sets from Stampin Up's Holiday Mini catalog, called Season of Simple Grace. First we heat embossed two of the images with silver embossing powder, then punched out the images with SU Scallop Circle punch. Before adhering it to the card base, we punched out two scalloped circles from SU Shimmer Silver card stock to layer under the stamped image. The saying at the top was also heat embossed by first placing the stamp onto a versamark pad, then onto SU Classic ink - Bravo Burgundy, then stamped onto the base of the card stock (Very Vanilla). Then, sprinkled some SU Clear embossing powder onto it and heat embossed it. So, it looks like it was embossed with burgundy EP, even though SU doesn't carry any burgundy EP anymore. That is a little tip that I picked up on Michelle Zindorf's blog. Michelle can be found here: http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/





Now, remember from a previous post I put together a punched tree, and a punched Snow globe. We also made cards with those punched images. I kept them very simple on purpose since we had to spend time putting together the tree and snow globe. Instructions for the tree and snow globe themselves were on my previous post, so I won't waste time on that again. I think the rest is pretty self explanatory. The little gold dots on each corner around the tree are those faux sticky gold pearl thingies from Michael's. Sorry I couldn't be anymore scientific than calling them "thingies". Yes, believe it or not I have a college degree. Giving birth to my daughter 9 years ago sucked almost every intelligent brain cell right out of my head. Or, maybe it has been raising her that is deteriorating my brain cells. Well, whichever one sounds more likely is the one you can accept today! Ok, I am getting very sleepy. Please tune in sometime on Friday, because I did some really fun experimenting with my border punches that I am going to post.









































No comments: