Monday, December 22, 2008

Playing Around with my MS Sea Horse Punch

Hello. My fabulous husband, knowing of my love for seahorses, bought me a Martha Stewart Sea horse punch. So, I felt the need to play with it a little. In case you have never seen it, there are two sizes of seahorses that this particular punch makes each time. So, I punched a few out with some Stampin Up Creamy Caramel card stock, and brushed their backs with some Versa Color - Bark ink and a black dot for their eye. Next, I free-hand cut some seaweed out of some iridescent green vellum paper that I had in my stash. Next I cut a rectangle out of SU Bordering Blue, and matted it onto Night Quite Navy. Then I just pieced my items together where I liked them with some dotto re positionable adhesive (just in case I wanted to change my mind). Then, I had a verse stamp that I wanted to use, but it was kind of large, and I only wanted to use part of it. So, I typed on Microsoft Word, and printed it out onto SU Bordering Blue Card stock, and cut it out in a rectangle shape. Then I secured down my easy ribbon loop (quicker than tieing a bow). Next I popped up the saying over the ribbon with some foam dimensionals, and decided I was done. Until.........I saw a bottle of Stickles (diamonds) sitting on my shelf. What a fiasco adding the stickles was.

You are going to think I am a big Ding Bat when I tell you what happened. I have never used Stickles before, but thought I might give them a try since practically everyone else in the card making world uses them. I squeezed that little bottle really hard hoping to place a little line of sparkle along the sea horse's backs. Not one drop nor sparkle would come out. So, I gave the bottle a look over, and found nothing wrong. So, "What Gives" I am asking myself and the bottle. After all, I probably paid a whole $1.99 for this .5fl.oz. bottle of sparkle, darn it I want it to work! So I thought maybe if I snip off a little bit of the tip to make it a tiny bit wider; it will work for me. OOPS! I cut too much off! A big blob came out of my stickles bottle, drowning my poor seahorse! So, I decided to keep things consistent, I drowned all of the seahorses, and carefully smeared the stickles around covering their whole body. It turns out that I liked the final result of this blunder, and I hope you do too!

No comments: