Friday, December 12, 2008

Something other than a Christmas Card



It is a little hard to tell from the photo, but I used the dryer sheet technique on this card. Stampin Ups Tart & Tangy stamp set just seemed appropriate for this card that I made last summer for a workshop. It made me think of all kinds of summer sweet beverages, with the oranges, lemons and limes covered with the dryer sheet and dazzling diamonds glitter. The glitter makes it look like it is covered with sugar.

I stamped the different Stampin Up colors randomly all over a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" SU Whisper White card stock, so I could cut it into sections for more than one card if I wanted to. Then I applied some adhesive to the entire stamped section that I cut, laid down my dryer sheet, smoothing it out with my finger on top of the stamped images. Then I trimmed off the excess dryer sheet, and sprinkled the glitter all of the top of the dryer sheet, and rubbed in the glitter with my finger and tapped off the excess. Then finished the card as you can see in the photo. The green scallop piece was made using the SU 3/16" corner rounder punch with its removable base removed. That about sums it up. I am going out of town for the weekend, so I won't be blogging again until Monday. Have a blessed weekend.

Lisa

No comments: