Sunday, December 28, 2008

What should I post today?

Hello. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I sat at my craft table today with a completely gigantic creative block. No creative juices flowing what-so-ever. Then, I glanced down and saw my new calender for 2008. It is one of those ones with the beautiful landscapes, and inspirational quotes that either make you smile, or put you deep in thought. Then, I was telling a friend that I have been neglecting my scrapbooking, because I am always card making. Then......I remembered a thick spiral notebook that we altered at an upline meeting for Stampin Up. The three thoughts put together made me decide to show you this altered book and tell you what I decided to use it for. I decided to use it for scrapbooking notes, quotes, and memories that I want to remember for scrapbook pages. Some of these quotes came from the calender that I mentioned earlier. I have to share one of them, that I am trying to burn in my brain. All of us go through struggles of different kinds in our lives, I am certainly not immune to this. In fact, I have been unemployed for quite a long time and have had many moments of frustration and stress to say the least. So, I found this quote to be very useful to my inner strength. I hope it helps any of you who are struggling with something in your life.


"The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings"
By Ralph Blum..............whoever he is.......

Ok, now to show you the altered notebook.

Supplies used: All Stampin Up Products
Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Swirly Sizzix Die used in Big Shot Machine, Designer Brads-Circle Assortment, Designer Series Paper-Haiku, Pumpkin Pie 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Other assorted SU ribbon current and retired.

We used the super tacky double sided tape that SU sells to adhere all of the paper to the book, except for the swirly die cut. Notice the negative leftovers from the swirly die cut that was used at the bottom.


Paper crafters No. 1 rule, if your leftovers or scraps look useful, use them or save them for later. ~ Lisa Atha


Blessings to all!

No comments: