Saturday, November 1, 2008

Snowflake Border Punches - Martha Stewart or Ek Success?

















Hello, the photos above are two different snowflake border punches. The one on the bottom is by Martha Stewart, and the snowflake is supposed to be embossed, and it is a little bit. The punch itself shows a much prettier more detailed embossed snowflake than you can see in the photo. Yes, I even had my husband, whom has very strong hands, give it a try; and it still did not turn out like it shows on the punch itself. Now, the photo on the top is a border punch by EK Success - paper shapers. I love that one. What you see on the package and punch, is what you get when you use it. Plus, you also get these cute little snowflakes leftover to use on another project if you want to. See photo below.
Now, I must admit that I am a little one sided on paper punches because as you know I am a Stampin Up Demonstrator, and EK Success manufactures all of SU's paper punches. I am not by any means against Martha Stewart's paper punches as a whole. I have two other MS punches, and I adore them, and I have a few more on my wish list. However, this particular one is a huge disappointment. I am telling you all of this to let you know to beware of any of her punches that say they emboss. The result that you get may not be what you expected! Well, that is all that I have for tonight. Tomorrow, I will have a wall hanging that I made for my daughter's room made with Stampin Up's Stamp set called "Garden Whimsey". She loves it, I am hoping you will too. Take care. Lisa


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I returned mine. Didnt like it.

Lydia Fiedler said...

SSSSO glad its not just me!! Bought the owl emboss/punch combo and wish I'd kept the receipt!!!

Surprised they got by Martha!!!

Anonymous said...

I was under the impression that EK Success makes the Martha Stewart punches. That said, I bought this same embossed snowflake border punch last year and ended up returning it for the very same reason. I was not happy with the results at all. I have a few other MS border punches that I like much better.