Thursday, November 6, 2008

I took back my MS Snowflake border punch!

Wow, I don't know about all of you, but I am so glad to have that election over with. I was still getting election phone calls the day of the election. So tired of it all! OK, "nuff" said on that!

I went back to Michael's with my yucky Martha Stewart Snowflake border punch, and exchanged it for the gingerbread border punch. I LOVE IT! I have this very cute Gingerbread man stamp from a company called: Imaginisce, that I knew would look great on a card with that punch. So, the card in the picture is what I came up with!

I first cut the two scalloped squares with my Nesties and Cuttlebug machine, then stamped the gingerbread man with Versamark and SU's Chocolate Chip ink. Then I heat embossed him with clear embossing powder. Next I colored him with SU markers. Then, I punched the base of the card with my new punch. Oh, little tip I found out after using these border punches a few times. Start in the middle of your card for the first punch, then finish off each side, so that it looks proportional all the way across. I noticed on my snowflake card from my previous post that one end of the card has a snowflake, the other had that little diamond shape. Just a little thing I am picky about. Next I placed a piece of red card stock under the punched border, to show off the border a little more. The ribbon I used at the top is from the stash of goodies that my good friend gave me (page down to see post). The buttons were from my button stash, the one in the middle was a little experiment that I was trying with double layering buttons. Looks kind of neat if I do say so myself. That about sums it up. Products used are listed below.

Card stock: SU retired Wild Wasabi, Red Unknown
Ink: Versamark, SU classic Chocolate Chip
Markers: SU Real Red, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Foam Dimensionals, SU Clear EP, Ribbon and Buttons unknown, Martha Stewart Gingerbread Border Punch, Nestibilities Large Classic Scalloped Rectangles

See ya, Lisa



No comments: