Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Something Blue that Flies!

Hello. I was in a "Blue" mood, and a "Butterfly" mood. Of course I am always in a "Sparkle and Bling" mood. This card was obviously not at all about stamping, but about using some fun tools. This is what I came up with by using the single Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, and the Butterfly Trio punch by MS. I am not usually one of her fans, but I lo..............ve her punches. It is hard to see in the photo, but the butterflies have some Dazzling Diamond Glitter on the edge of their wings. The two larger butterflies that are glued together, were curled a tiny bit on the back by using an embossing stylus on their wings. It gives them a little dimension, and only takes a few minutes. Hopefully this will show in the close up I will upload in a wee bit. Just practicing my Irish accent there. The big Butterfly body is actually black glitter from Doodlebug Designs. Wish I had all the colors, darn. Speaking of wishful thinking, you have got to go visit Jennifer McGuire's Blog. She is giving a video tour of her crafting space. I have never seen anything like it, and would love to go over to her place and look through all of her little drawers and jars. It is something to see. Ok, back to me........ The scalloped ovals are popped up with dimensionals, and you can't tell in the photo, but even the ribbon has some sparkle in it. I wish you could see the full effect of the ribbon, it is beautiful. Wish I had 50 yards of it in every color it comes in. Do I wish a lot or what? Oh well. So, I think that I will just shut up, post the list of supplies, and upload that close up photo. Until next time.... Lisa


Paper: SU Ballet Blue, Brilliant Blue, Misc. Iridescent white, misc. Unknown Patterned paper
Punches: Martha Stewart Butterfly, Butterfly Trio, and Scalloped Lace Border, SU 3/16" Corner Rounder, Tonic Butterfly Border System, Nestibilities Large Scalloped Ovals.
Accessories: Sticky rhinestones from Michael's, Foam Dimensionals, Glitter listed above in commentary.



No comments: