Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blue Jay in Flight


Hello. So sorry about my absence this past week, I have been not feeling quite like myself. Then, I just couldn't decide on what ribbon to put on the card to finish it off. It is strange; that no matter how much ribbon I collect, I still have trouble finding what I want to use on cards from my collection. Anyways, here is a card that I have been working on that uses one of the bird stamps in my new stamp set that my DH got me for my birthday last week. I first stamped it with versamark ink, then Stampin Up's classic Brilliant Blue ink. Next I colored in some of the bird with my SU white gel pen. I thought he looked more interesting that way. Then I mounted him onto some SU Brilliant Blue card stock. Both rectangles cut with my Nestibilities large regular rectangles diecuts, and added some sticky gems from Michael's, and popped the bird up a bit with some foam dimensionals. The panel on the left is hard to see, but it was ran through my cuttlebug with the "Birds and Swirls" embossing folder, and mounted on SU Brilliant Blue card stock. Then, I had some of my favorite layered Martha Stewart Butterflies pre-made, so I glued that on. Finally I added a sentiment from SU's Retired "Warmest Words" stamp set, and a mediocre looking ribbon tied in a bow. I was wishing I had royal blue satin instead. Gotta suggest that to Stampin Up........More colors of their pretty taffeta ribbon. Don't you agree? The next photo is just a close up, to make the embossing show up a little better.

Now, I started something with one of my other Cuttlebug embossing folders, and I am not quite sure where to take it from here. What I did was to color the raised images with Stampin Up markers, then with my VersaMark Marker, then sprinkled some clear embossing powder, and heat embossed on the dry embossed pattern. Next, I matted it onto some SU Pumpkin Pie, card stock, and punched a border with one of my Fiskers Border punches. I absolutely love border punches. I added a few tiny, yellow sticky gems, on the swirls (they probably aren't very visible on my photo, sorry). This is where I got stuck. I think It needs to be mounted onto a larger piece of card stock, add some ribbons or brads, and maybe a sentiment of some kind on a tag or something. Anyone out there in cyberspace have a suggestion for me, it would be greatly appreciated? If not, I shall wait for a revelation! Well, gotta go. I will be back this week, but if you aren't, Happy Thanksgiving ahead of time.

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

gosh - these are GORGEOUS!!!