Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Garden Whimsey" - wall decoration

Hello. Here I am, a little late in the evening, but I am finally here. Where the heck do the hours go? I often wonder if mothers that have more than one or two kids even remember having a life, once their children are grown. It must be one big blur! Especially that poor mother in Arkansas who is pregnant with her 18th child! Only 2 of her pregnancies have been multiples (twins). Michelle Duggar is her name, and she, her husband and all of the little Duggars are on TV quite frequently (TLC and Discovery Health channels). Actually, the oldest Duggar is 20 years old and he just got married. That is one very interesting family, I highly recommend doing a search on the internet, and reading all about them. Did the Lord build her body strong or what? Ok, I have absolutely no idea why I just told you all of that, but I also feel the need to just leave it on my post.

Ok, I promise that I will get onto the real reason I am clicking on my keyboard right now. I found these really pitiful thin coasters in the Target Dollar spot quite a few months ago, but thought maybe I could use them in my paper crafting. So, I created this wall decoration for my daughter's bedroom. Her bedroom is decorated in Purple and Pink. Gee, I wonder where she gets that love for purple? Anyways, She also likes butterflies and flowers, so I thought Stampin Up's "Garden Whimsey" Stamp set would be a good choice. The background on all of the squares is SU's Perfect Plum card stock. First I traced the shapes I needed, and cut them out. I set the coasters aside, and stamped the images onto the card stock. I did this so that if I messed up, I wouldn't have to try to figure out how to get the card stock off of the coasters. I stamped the images in versamark, then into the color of classic ink of my choice. Next I sprinkled the images with SU's Irridescent Ice embossing powder (I love that stuff), and heat set. After this step, I adhered my stamped images to the coasters with that really tacky double sided tape that SU sells. I tried my Martha Stewart Mod Podge, but after it dried, the card stock pealed right off of the coaster. The next step was to put on a few embellishments like some Prima flowers, and some gem stones. I am so hooked on anything that sparkles. Must be a girl thing. The final step was to get out that very tacky tape and attach the ribbon to the backs of the coasters, and place a bow at the top. Voila, all done, and my daughter loves it! I will list what ink colors that I used at the bottom, and some close up photos.

All ink from Stampin Up: Lovely Lilac, Pink Passion, and Retired Spectrum Pad - Parfait, Ribbon: Retired grosgrain-Delphinium





1 comment:

CouponAlbum said...

It's so sweet and cool wall decoration!! I love the purple!!