Monday, November 3, 2008

Snowflake Christmas Card

Hello. Well, this is what I was inspired to make tonight. I am not sure what I think of it, but it was fast and easy to make. I started with some pre-cut/pre-scored shimmer blue card stock that I purchased at a Stamp Convention a couple of years ago. Sorry I don't remember the name of the company. First I punched the snowflake border with my EK Success snowflake border punch, then I attached a shimmer white card stock strip behind it. I then stamped my snowflakes, and Joy stamp into some SU White Craft ink. Next I sprinkled some clear embossing powder onto the stamped images and heat set. You can't tell this in the picture, but the big snowflake in the middle has SU's Iridescent Ice EP on it. I was experimenting with that first, but then when I embossed the rest with clear EP, I decided that I liked that better in this situation. I found that to be strange, because of all my Stampin Up embossing powders, Iridescent Ice is the one used most often. Last, but not least, I added some clear rhinestones to some of the snowflake centers. I am so hooked on bling. Maybe I need a support group such as BA - Bling Anonymous. I just can't quit! I'm an addict. Oh well, at least I am not in denial.
Well, believe it or not, I am out of stuff to say. Oh, don't forget to vote Tuesday, and may God Bless each of you! Lisa

No comments: