Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Easy and Quick Card Layout


Hello. Please forgive me for my 3-day absence, I had some things to take care off and couldn't get to my craft table to prepare anything to blog about.

I wanted to create a cute but quick workshop card for my upcoming workshop here at my house, so when I saw last weeks splitcoast stampers card sketch, I knew it would be perfect. Hooray, I finally found one of my current Stampin Up Christmas Stamp sets as well, so all is looking much better in my little purple crafting world. Anyways, check out the reindeer's nose! I put a tiny red sticky gem on it, and accidentally aimed the camera just right so that the flash made it appear to be glowing. I swear, I have no idea how I did it! Please forgive me for not using SU Real Red card stock, because I am running low on that color, so I substituted something else that comes close from my misc. card stock stash. I hate to place an order just for a few packs of card stock, because SU has adopted that minimum shipping charge of $6.95, if your total is below a certain amount. I am trying to hold off until someone calls me with an order. Hint, Hint, Hint.....

Anyways, I simply cut the red card stock down to the size that I wanted, stamped it with the snowflake background stamp and Versamark ink from SU's "Merry & Bright" set. Adhered it with my snail adhesive. Next I punched 3 squares from Whisper White card stock, punched 3 scalloped squares (2 from Red, and one from Certainly Celery card stock). Set aside the scalloped squares, and stamped the images, also from SU's "Merry & Bright" stamp set. Yes, I stamped them off center a bit on purpose, except for the snowman. Next I colored them with SU markers, and Adhered them to the card. Last, but not least I tied a little ribbon around the front of the card, and stamped a greeting. Until next time, happy crafting!

Card stock: SU Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Misc. Red

Ink: SU Basic Black, Versamark Watermark Ink

Accessories: SU 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, SU Scallop Square Punch, 1-1/4" Regular Square Punch, Red Sticky gem from Michael's, and Happy Holidays stamp from SU Retired stamp set "Warmest Regards".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, what a pretty card!!! So glad you are staying busy!!
--Becca