Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ocean Commotion

I have expressed my fascination with seahorses several times on past blog posts, and so I couldn't help posting this card. The funny thing is that I received this stamp set months ago, and have been unable to come up with any card ideas with it. That is pretty strange since I love it so much and also love seahorses so much. So, here is the card, and I need to go get supper as the natives in my house are getting restless. I will be back later to talk about the card.

Well, here I am but a little later than expected. I never got back to the computer last night. Anyhoo, I was racking my brain to come up with my own idea for this stamp set, when I thought............"Inchies"! I will try to turn it into Inchies. For those of you who don't know, "Inchies" are a one inch square piece of stamp artwork. Lucky for me the seahorse fits into two inchies, so the above it what I ended up with. Now, after I got the seahorses stamped, I decided that I wanted them embossed, so I simply colored over the images with my Versamarker, and embossed them with some clear embossing powder. The Bashful Blue seahorse is popped up with some foam dimensionals, whereas the Apricot Appeal seahorse is not. Keeping on with the "Inchies" theme, I punched out the sentiment with a one inch paper punch as well. As you can barely see in the photo, the background was stamped with the swish stamp of "Ocean Commotion" stamp set and some Versamark watermark ink. That is it, pretty simple card to case. Back later with another card. Have a great day! Lisa

No comments: