Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sneak Peek of New Stampin Up Stuff

I finally ordered and received some of the new stuff from Stampin Up. I have to say that they have some awesome new stamp set coming out in the new Catalog! I don't think I have ever been this excited about a new catalog before. Well, anyways, I am showing you a card made with one of those new stamp sets and it is called "Autumn Days".

I used some of the new in colors which you can see in the next photo........................................


From the left we have
Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, & Dusty Durango


Oddly enough, my favorite color of the bunch is Crushed Curry.

Now, onto the card. I stamped the Quail with Soft Suede, and colored in his feathers with Taken with Teal. I am waiting on Bermuda Bay because Stampin Up has placed a hold on it due to some manufacturing issue. However, they are racing to get it fixed so that we can all order and enjoy it. The card stock that I mounted the quail onto is however, the real Bermuda Bay card stock. Pretty similar to Taken with Teal, isn't it? I stamped the sentiment with Taken with Teal as well, and the sentiment is from the stamp set "Trendy Trees".

The two accent pieces on the card are Dusty Durango on the top right, and Crushed Curry on the bottom. I stamped tone-on-tone with the leaf stamp for "Autumn Days", and also tone-on-tone with the wheat stamp from that set as well on the bottom.

The layout for the card is the card sketch from Wednesday over on Splitcoast Stampers.

That about sums it up, if you have any questions, you know what to do!


Before I go, I would just like to take a moment to say that I was very sad to hear of the passing of actress Farrah Faucet, and pop singer Michael Jackson. I grew up watching Charlies Angels in the 70's and Michael Jackson videos in the 80's. So sad, and they will be missed by many.


Blessings, Lisa



No comments: