Saturday, June 13, 2009

This Turtle is....

too cute for words. Check her out:


This is from a new online stamp company called Whimsie Doodles. Right now, she is only offering digital images that can be re-sized to you liking and printed out onto card stock and placed on cards. I don't know if she has any plans for selling rubber stamped images or not, maybe she doesn't know yet either. However, this image was offered totally free, and if you click here; you can go to her blog and download it for free and find out what digital stamps are all about. You can also browse her store, if you click on the icon that says "the store". Her name is Melyssa and she designed her images herself including this cute turtle. Ok, on with what I did with this cute little turtle.

I re sized the image so that I could place it on a card made with Stampin Up's Big Shot/Sissix die cut...Large Scallop Die. I placed two of the scallop circles together, scored them both at the same time and completely covered the small area above the scored line with snail adhesive, thus making it into a card. Next I cut the turtle out with my Creative Memories Circle Shape cutters, and also a matting for my turtle out of some Stampin Up card stock. Next I colored in the turtle with my Stampin Up classic ink ink and blender pens. I chose to do this by squeezing my ink pad together, thus placing ink inside the lid to use. You can also place a drop of ink into the lid with a re-inker in you choose. Next, I sponged a little bit of SU Certainly celery on the edges of the circle that my turtle is on and then adhered it to the matting. Next, I sponged some SU Pink Passion ink around the edges of the scallop circle card base, drug the edges of the scallops along the ink pad, and adhered my image to the card base. The last thing that I did was to add some embellishments to the card. All of the flowers are Prima flowers, and the flower centers are sticky gems from Michael's. Then the final thing was to add some Stickles Glitter Glue to the rose that the turtle is holding. I hope you like it as much as I had fun making it. Until next time, take care......................Lisa

No comments: