Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fabulous Find and Circle Circus

I was at Hobby Lobby on Saturday, and my husband and I discovered that they had a bunch of home decor on clearance, I mean crazy low prices. I got a cute wood rectangular box to store my Prima 'Got Flowers' bottles in to keep them all organized. I only paid $2.80. Here is a photo of it:



It is a little rustic for my decor, but I like the crosses, and it does keep my flowers organized, so it was a keeper. So my tip for today, is to always check out the clearance aisles, you never know what you might find for a bargain. Ok, on with a card.


I wanted to do something simple, and use a new stamp set that will be on sale through Stampin Up this week on July 1st. So, I chose a stamp from the set called Circle Circus. My new favorite stamp set. It is so versatile, I have decided that all of you have just got to have it! It has more than a handful of circles each with a different design and size, and can be punched out with circle punches if you so choose. I chose to use just one circle stamp on the cards that I am showing you today. They are both the same except that on is in the new in-color Melon Mambo, and the other in Rich Razzleberry. So, here they are:

MELON MAMBO

RICH RAZZLEBERRY


So, I stamped each one on Whisper White card stock in a random fashion, and mounted them on a card base that coordinates with the color ink. Then, I took the bright pink glitter from Stampin Up's Glitter Stack - Cosmo and applied it to each of the centers with SU's 2-way glue pen. You know me, I gotta have sparkle. Then, I took a sentiment from Trendy Trees stamp set, and stamped it in Whisper White Craft ink from SU in the coordinating colors and punched it with the Word Window punch and adhered. Actually, I fibbed a bit. I did this the opposite/bad way for some stupid reason tonight. I punched the word window first then stamped the sentiment. Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!! Don't do it that way, it will not come out straight! It is much easier to line the punch up with the sentiment and then punch it out. That was today's tip number 2!

That is all I have for tips and stamping today. I will be back again another day with some more of the new stuff coming from Stampin Up! Blessings, Lisa



1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Awesome decor and BEAUTIFUL cards!!