Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Greeting Farm Bunny Card

Hello! Is everyone having a great weekend! We had some storms here in Ohio last night, but Saturday, and Sunday afternoons have been gorgeous! Gotta love that sunshine! Well, I am back to brighten your day with a card made with another Greeting Farm Stamp set. I may not have explained their stamps very well on my post yesterday, if that is the case, I apologize. They are a rubber stamp, they just aren't wood mounted, they have a foam base that has a cling adhesive on it, that can be uses over and over and over, etc.. on acrylic blocks. This makes their quality so much more higher than clear stamps. I have argued so many times with ladies who insist that clear stamps are the only way to go. Well, so what if you can see through them! So what if you get more of them for your money! If you pay a cheap price, you get cheap stamps. I have several clear stamp set, and hardly ever use them. First of all, they only work with certain brands of ink, second, one of them cracked the very first time I used it. It has a tear all the way through the image forever distorting the image if I use it. I vote for wood mounted or rubber cling mounted as your best quality for your money. Ok, on with a card:



Now, isn't this the cutest bunny stamp image you have ever seen? It is from the "Lucky Bunnies" stamp set from "The Greeting Farm" stamp company! Bunnies do not have to be for Easter only. This stamp set has several different bunny images, that could be used for numerous occasions such as female birthday cards, baby gift cards, thinking of you cards, etc.. I have included a link to their store, just click on their name above, and look on the left hand side, click on the bar that says "animals", this will bring up all of their animal sets where you can view the whole Lucky Bunnies stamp set. Way too cute. Oh, they have some new releases coming up tomorrow, June 1st. I will be there checking them out.



Moving on with the card. I wanted to keep it somewhat simple and summery without making it boring, so that is what I came up with. I stamped the image twice on water color paper, so that I could water color one image, cut it out, and layer it on top of the other image. I am getting very hooked on doing that these days. The flower that bunny is holding has 2 layers of Stampin Up's Crystal Effects on it. I put one layer on, let it harden over night, then added the second layer, let it harden, then cut it out separately and popped it up with foam dot like I did the bunny. The lavender polka dot paper is a retired DSP from Stampin Up, the scalloped rectangle is SU Pretty in Pink card stock, as is the rectangle the greeting is on as well. The three lavender squares are SU Lavender Lace CS, with Prima Flowers and Hero Arts Sticky Gems. They are also popped up with foam pop dots. The pink ribbon strip is from AMM, which I believe stands for All My Memories and has been in my stash for years. The scallop border on the Lavender DSP was made with my SU scallop Border Punch. The lavender squares and the rectangles were all cut with some Spellbinders Nestibilities and my Cuttlebug. That sums it up . If you have any questions, drop me an email which you can find a link to on my side bar. Just click where it says, "contact me". Thanks a bunch for visiting my blog, have a happy Sunday! Blessings, Lisa



P.S. Stampin Up customers, please be aware that the retired stamps list will be available tomorrow, June 1st. I will email a copy of it to you if you are already on my email list. Also, some of the accessories that have the In-Colors in them, are already gone for good. One in particular that I am aware of is the 12x12 Baja Breeze DSP pack. Don't wait until the retired accessories list becomes available. If you want any items that have In-Colors in them, please submit your orders ASAP. I would hate to see you miss out on something you really wanted!

No comments: