Saturday, May 9, 2009

Clean and Simple Card Challenge

is what inspired me to stamp yesterday. The ladies over at Splitcoast Stampers, decided to make the clean and simple challenge this past week a particular card sketch. The link above will take you right to their forum if you would like to see some more samples of it. Their theory is that a handmade greeting card does not need to be overly detailed and embellished to be pretty. Of course detailed cards are pretty, but so are the simple ones. So, here is a couple of cards that express my take on their clean and simple sketch for this past week:


I used Stampin Up's Whisper White card stock for the card base. The butterflies are actually some butterfly shaped foamies, which are foam shapes with adhesive on both sides. So, all I had to do was to fut them on my xacto knife, take off one side of the adhesive and dip them into some glitter. I used Stampin Up's Fine Cosmo glitter stack on these. I got these foam shapes at a stamp and paper store in Dayton, Ohio called Marco's Paper. Click on their name as I added a link to it, and I am sure if you call them and ask they will more than likely have some. They come in several different shapes, and are approximately $2.50 per sheet. I think you can order them over the phone or on the Marco's web site. The punched circles are from Pretty in Pink, and Bashful Blue card stock, and the sentiment is from SU stamp set "Warmest Regards". The ribbon is from the Michael's dollar bins, and that about sums that one up. The next one is using the same sketch, but it is using my charity "Lydia Fiedler" original stamp "Maddie" the cat. I love animals and was so glad that I was able to help out that I have gotten overly hooked on this stamp. I hope I haven't worn out it's welcome with you viewers. If you would like to buy a stamp to help an animal shelter, page down to one of my older posts for a link. Rumor has it, that they are also going to be creating doggie stamps for the same benefit in the future. I can't wait to see what the creative designers come up with. So, here is another card, I like to call "Peeking Maddie Cat":


So, what do you think? I could not help going monochromatic purple on this one! By now, I assume you have realized that purple is my favorite color, and kitties are one of my many favorites in the animal kingdom (along with a thousand other species that exist).

The circle in the far right bottom row is Maddie's tail, I guess that she got tired of being stamped by me, and started to run off. Haha. Kidding. I just thought it would be fun to put her tail in one of the circles. Oh, by the way, is this not one of the funnest card sketches you have ever seen? Yeah to the ladies over on Splitcoast, because there are so many stamps that we all could use with this sketch. Think how fast it would be to make Christmas cards with this sketch. I will hold that thought and post some Christmas cards done with this sketch when the season arrives.

Anyways, The card base is Stampin Up's Almost Amethyst, and the Maddies are stamped on Whisper white then punched out with a circle punch (almost any size will work). The ink colors are: Elegant Eggplant, Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence, Lavender Lace, and Almost Amethyst. Once again, the sentiment is from Retired SU's "Warmest Regards". As always, if you have any questions, leave me a comment or send me an email. Enjoy your Saturday.

Blessings, Lisa

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE THAT!! The tail!!!

You are awesome!!