Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Season of Simple Grace

Hello again, I have been wanting to make a card with a stamp set out of Stamp Up's Holiday Mini Catalog, called "Season of Simple Grace". I bought it during our demo preorder period so that I would have time to put together some sample cards with it. So, tonight I sat down at my craft table, and went completely blank. Absolutely no creative juices flowing what-so-ever! How depressing, and frustrating. Then I remembered that I have always wanted to try to make a card with only two colors, black and gold. This was a more difficult challenge than I thought it would be. But I did it, I am not thrilled with what I did, but here it is anyways. I added a close up of the phrase that is on it below, because I absolutely love it. There is actually another phrase that came with the set, along with two other images, which can be seen on SU's web site. Just click on the link on the right sidebar of my blog that mentions the online catalog. I heat embossed everything with Detail Gold EP, and the only thing on the card that is not an SU product is the gold cardstock (DCWV). I was very low on my SU Gold Supply, so I chose to conserve. I may need it for my next workshop. Well, I am off to browse my favorite blogs.

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Well I'm thrilled with it!! It's gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, lovely card! I love the elegance of the black and gold!