Friday, October 3, 2008

Butterfly "Inchie" card

Hello. I have really got to find a time earlier in the evening to do these posts. What a crazy week I have had. I feel like I have had somewhere to run to everynight.........hmmmm.......maybe that is because I have been running every night. Do I get to sit and relax tomorrow night? No way baby! We are low on the basic essentials in the kitchen such as milk, and bread, so guess where I get to go on a Friday evening after dinner? Yep, a busy grocery store! Do I lead a dangerous life or what? What a partier I am! Oh well. Now that my complaint portion of this post is off my chest, let's get onto some paper crafting.

Ok, I decided to share what I think is a simple card to make. I decided to make a card with what everyone is calling "inchies". Yes, I chose the color variations of purple. I just couldn't help myself. My purple/pink spectrum pad was calling out my name. I think all of you veteran card makers know what a spectrum pad is, but if you don't, leave a comment and I will address any questions. So, I decided to work with a Stampin Up set called "Garden Whimsy". It is a set that I use a lot. I highly recommend sending me an email, and ordering a set of it for yourself! Anyways, I chose SU Orchid Opulence as my base for the card, and stamped the little ladybug stamp with Orchid Opulence on the left side to create a border. You can also achieve a very similar effect by doing this with Versamark watermark stamp pad. I think the Classic ink lasts longer than the versamark does, so I prefer the Tone-on-tone effect that you see here. Next, I stamped the big butterfly image onto the spectrum pad, and onto some white card stock. Be careful where on your sheet of card stock you do this, so that your square punches can reach the image. Then, I very carefully lined up my 1-1/4" square punch, and punched out my butterfly in four different pieces. Next I used my 1-3/8" square punch to punch out the mat pieces in SU Lovely Lilac card stock. I used a little snail adhesive to mat my images, and then some foam dimensionals to pop them up. Use your favorite greeting, and you are done. For my purposes, I chose two words from the SU stamp set "Everyday Flexible Phrases", which is also a current stamp set that I would be happy to sell to you. Well, I have had enough fun for one day, so I am going to sign off. I hope you have enjoyed today's post. Happy crafting. Lisa

No comments: