Sunday, October 5, 2008

Friends are Angels

Hello everyone! A close friend of mine sent me an email today and it had a great story in it. Of course I was supposed to forward it to"X" amount of people. You all know how that goes! But, I decided that instead of doing that, I would instead share my favorite part of it with you on my blog. The last sentence in the story really caught my attention. So here it is:

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly"

That would be great as a rubber stamp quote. It may be one already, and I am just too much of an airhead to remember. If anyone knows if it has already been made into a stamp, and where I can get it, please, please leave me a comment and tell me where! Thanks a bunch.

OK, on to some crafting....... I am signed up to have a craft table set up at my mother-in-law's church this coming Saturday, October 11th for their annual craft bazaar. In case any of you live in Southwestern Ohio it is going to be at the Sharonville Presbyterian Church on Cornell Ave. from 9am-4pm. They are a small congregation with little money, so they appreciate all who will come. They will also be selling some homemade lunches, and I hear someone is making some awesome Chicken pot pie from scratch. So, with that said, I thought that I would share an altered item that I will offer for sale at my booth. I found this cute little photo frame, and decided it needed a creative touch. So there it is. It had this pitiful decoration in the left hand side that was just screaming for me to do something with it. So, I removed what was there, stamped an image from Stampin Up's "Embrace Life" stamp set, colored it with SU Markers, decorated the wooden frame with some Prima flowers and bling centers, then punched a blue (SU Bashful Blue) butterfly with a Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, which I doctored up a bit, then it was finished. Now , what I did with the butterfly was a little tedious, but I was pleased with the end result, so all was OK in my little creative world. After punching it out, I scored it on each side of the butterfly body, then colored the body with SU Ballet Blue, then I turned it over, took my stylus and dry embossed it, so that the front of the wings would look slightly curled. This was a tip that I got from someone on the SplitcoastStampers Website. Sorry, I forget who. Then, I took my SU Crystal Effects Clear Adhesive and put it on the body of the butterfly, and held the wings up slightly for a few minutes until the Crystal Effects became tacky. Thus, holding up the wings and giving the butterfly a 3-D effect. So it ends up being a kind of homemade 3-D embellishment. I know what you might be thinking, and yes it is very delicate, and if on a card or scrapbook page it would always have a chance of getting squished. But, I had fun making it, and it looks cute on the frame, which hopefully won't be getting squished. I also am enclosing a closeup of the flowers and Butterfly in case anyone wants to see it.
Well, I am going to be super busy every evening this week finalizing my craft projects for the bazaar this coming Saturday, so if I miss a day or two of blogging, I am apologizing right now, and ask for you to keep checking back because I will have more to show you. Thanks, and have a great Monday!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck to you at your Craft Fair. I hope that the Craft angels shine down on you and make everyone want to buy what you are selling.
--Becca