The base of my card today came from a package of pre-cut cards and envelopes that a friend of mine gave me, the color is similar to Stampin Up's Speckled Ivory card stock. The purple slits around the octagon shape were actually blank openings like the octagon is. I cut a piece of 2 sided K and Co. DSP to the size of the card, traced lightly with a pencil the shape of the Octagon, and cut it out with an xacto knife and straight edge. Then, I added some little Prima flowers with some little metal sticky shapes (from Archiver's Clearance) for centers. I then stamped the image and punched and layered it with my Stampin Up Large and Small Oval punches. Then added some flowers. Next, I cut and adhered a 2-sided patterned paper to the other inside cover of the card, with the patterned side being visible through the octagon window. The last thing I did was to stamp Maddie with black ink onto the patterned paper that I put on the inside.
I don't know if it can be seen on my photo, but you can actually see the little flower pattern on from the DSP through the stamped Maddie image. Try clicking on the photo to enlarge it and see if that works. Anyways, it is kind of a cool effect in person. Hope you enjoyed it!
If you would like to help out the animal shelter listed above, and I highly recommend that you do. Here is the link to the online store where they can be purchased.
Until next time: God Bless! Lisa