I first cut my card base out of Stampin Up Kraft card stock. Next, I decided what size that I wanted my acetate window to be and cut that out, applied double sided sticky tape to the edges where I wanted to attach it to the card stock. Then I held the window next to the card base so that I could mark where I needed to cut out the space for the window. After the opening was cut, I carefully added the acetate. Next, I cut my butterfly, daisy, and leaf shapes in my Cuttlebug machine. Yes, Stampin Up's Big Shot die-cuts work in the Cuttlebug. I already had my Cuttlebug long before the Big Shot made it's appearance, so I am making that work for me. Next, I dressed up my die-cuts to my taste. For instance the butterflies were ran through the Cuttlebug with my CB Swiss dots embossing folder, then I added some of the SU Cosmo Glitter to them. The daisies #2 die has 3 different sizes on it, what you are seeing here were made from the smallest of the three. Each one of them was made with two of the small daisies and the center was made from a Stampin Up 1/2" Circle punch. I also altered the leaves by cutting them off their stem to make them easier to arrange. Next, I wanted to see a subtle pattern through the window, so I cut a piece of SU retired Designer Paper (sorry, I am operating on limited current supplies). Where the heck is that winning lottery ticket when ya need it? Then, I stamped a sentiment with Craft Basic Black ink and a stamp from retired stamp set "Warmest Regards". I would have much preferred and it would have been easier to use some of SU's rub-ons on the window with a sentiment. There goes that limited supplies challenge I had again. Rub-ons are on my wish list. There you have it, my first card with an acetate window! Yeah! I may get adventurous and make one with a circle shaped window. So, stretch your imagination, buy some acetate sheets from me and Stampin Up, and CREATE! If you do, email your creations to me, I would love to see them. Card stock colors listed below. Blessings, Lisa
Card stock ~ Stampin Up, Kraft, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Old Olive.
Note ~ Butterflies were adhered with glue dots, and daisies and leaves were adhered with snail adhesive.