Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chipboard Book Cover

I have had one of Stampin Up's Chipboard Books (the 5x5 art journal) sitting on my craft table for oh, two years. I have wonderful niece who is in college now, and I meant to have the book altered and filled by the time she graduated from High School, but that didn't happen. Gee if I wait long enough, I could save it for her college graduation. Please tell me that I am not the only one that does these things. Anyways, I thought that since I didn't have a new card ready to show you, the book cover would have to do.

The background paper is from Provo Craft, the rest is from Stampin Up (Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive). The curvy Rose Red piece was cut with my Creative Memories 12" Curvy Cutter, The initial "S" (her name is Sarah), was cut with my Cuttlebug Alphabet set (sorry, I forget the name). There is some Stickles Glitter Glue on the "S"; and I had so much fun with it, I put some along the curvy Rose Red piece. The sentiment was heat embossed with the retired Brown EP from the Earth Elements stack. The sticky gems below it are from Hero Arts. The flower idea I cased from the Stampin Up catalog. The flowers are made by simply trimming down some punched scallop circles, and 1/2" plain circles. Yes, both punches were from Stampin Up. Love those punches! The top layer of the flowers were popped up with a foam dot. The stems were made with the SU Large Oval punch. Should anyone need instructions on the flowers and stems, please leave me a comment and I would be glad to make a photo tutorial. The chipboard Journal is still a current item, so if you would like to order one, let me know, or order it online at Stampin Up's website. Please choose me as your consultant; I am listed as Lisa D. Atha. These journals make excellent gifts to turn into scrapbooks for grandparents, friends, etc. Oh, the designer series paper packs are still on sale through the end of May: Buy 2, get 1 free with no limit. The designer paper would make the On-board books super easy to turn into a scrapbook too. The leftover scraps could be used on cards. With those thoughts left on your mind, I will close for now. Have a great and safe Memorial day weekend!

Blessings, Lisa

2 comments:

Vintage Papers said...

this is soooo pretty! Thank you for supporting CFH and have a wonderful Memorial Weekend! :)

Tammy said...

What a wonderful chipboard cover and cards on your blog! Thank you for commenting on my CFH blog card! I think the best tutorial for coloring with pencils is on Hero Arts web page!! It is under techniques (coloring with pencils) I absolutely LOVE this technique! Have fun!