Friday, April 24, 2009

Sparkling Flowers

Hello. I just wanted to share a card that I made while experimenting with the Stampin Up Textured impressions embossing folder, and the cosmo glitter stack. In case you are new to my blog, I love all things that sparkle, so I went a little overboard on this one, but I love it.



















I saw something similar to this over on Splitcoaststampers website, but I can't remember the creator, so I am sorry I can't show you where my inspiration came from. The one that inspired me was cut from vellum card stock, just like mine is here, but did not have any glitter added. I know I love this embossing folder and I hope SU gets together with Sizzix and adds more of them to our catalog.

Anyhoo, after running this through my Cuttlebug machine, I cut off the excess at the top around the design, and went over the embossed areas with my Stampin Up two-way glue pen, then just sprinkled on the glitter and shook off the excess. It's messy, but fun! I adhered the vellum piece with some vellum adhesive so that the adhesive would not be seen through the vellum. The sentiment is from SU's "Sincere Salutations" stamp set and I stamped it in SU Brilliant Blue. I finished it off with a bow from some white organdy ribbon from my stash.

I hope it brought a bright spot to your day! Until next time...Blessings, Lisa

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!!!