Saturday, April 11, 2009

Circle Scissor from Stampin Up

Hello. Sorry to neglect my blog, I am busy getting ready for Easter Sunday. I had mentioned that at a recent Stampin Up meeting with my upline, we made a card where we got to try out the circle scissor tool that Stampin Up added to their catalog this Spring. Well, it is a really cool tool, but takes a bit of practice to get those circles perfect. Some of the ladies, goofed up some card stock, before they got something they could use. I totally recommend it, just be patient with it, and yourself. Once you get the hang of it, you will love it. Now, the circle you will see on the card below is my very first attempt using the circle scissor. I am totally not joking. I kind of watched and listened to everyone else when they were using it, then after I saw that everyone else had their turn, I gave it a try. Tee Hee.




Now, I know you are saying that the circle looks wider on one side than the other and you are correct, but remember this is my first time using the tool. I think that considering that, I did pretty good. Oh, I must give credit for the card design, which goes to my upline Lila. Thanks a bunch Lila! All supplies used are Stampin Up products. The card base is Kiwi Kiss., the stamped images are mounted on Chocolate Chip, the button in the right hand corner is one of the new Corduroy Brads. I am loving those new brads, they are too cute and can be layered on top of the coordinating buttons that come with them. I plan to get some and mix and match the colors, very awesome! Ok, the stamp set is Garden Whimsey. The ink colors are Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, and Chocolate Chip. Oh, and the circle is made from Pacific Point Blue card stock. I wish I could give you a tutorial on the circle scissor, but at the moment I don't personally own one. If I get enough comments to make a photo tutorial (I don't have a video camera), then I will see if I can borrow one from someone. So, if you want the tutorial, leave a comment. I should say, that an in person demonstration is more helpful, but if you want me to blog it, I will blog it. Everyone have a very wonderful Easter. God Bless, Lisa

1 comment:

Mahmood Syedfaheem said...

Nice blog.Beautiful art work.. God is Great. Let us pray for peace for the world. Wish you all the best. http://health-care-you.blogspot.com