Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to the Basics

I said that because the card that I am sharing today, was one that I prepared for one of my first workshops when I first signed up to be a Stampin Up demo, and it also included the first coloring technique that I learned when I first started using Stampin Up projects........Coloring with pastels. I am having a super busy week, and so I apologize that I had to go back to my archives and dig up this card for you. Hopefully you will like it anyways. Remember the stamp set Winged Things from Stampin Up? I think they retired it 2-3 years ago. I will probably never let this one go, I love it.



Ok, the first thing that I did, was to load my wheel handle with my Pretty in Pink ink, and the wheel that coordinates with this stamp set, and ran it straight up the right side of the Pretty in Pink card stock. It may be kind of hard to see in the photo. Sorry. Next, I tore the card stock a wee bit on the front side of the card base, scored and folded the torn side back to reveal the wheeled edge, and used adhesive to hold it back of course. The the image was stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White card stock, and colored with pastels (chalks). Then it was cut into a square, mounted onto Mellow Moss card stock, and adhered to the card base. Finally, the sentiment is stamped in Basic Black ink. Was that simple or what?

I used this card to show you not only because I have been short on stamping time the past few days, but also to remind you to resurrect those old stamp sets that are retired and that you love so much. You spent your hard earned money on them, you should use them? Get out some older accessories that you haven't used in a long time too, you will have fun!

Until next time............. Blessings, Lisa

No comments: