Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Big Shot / Stamping on Card

I went to a Stampin Up meeting last week at my upline's house, and she had all kinds of stuff out for the Big Shot for us to play with, and 4 projects for us to make. Do I have a great upline, or what? So, the one that I am showing you today uses the "Top Note" die, "Little Leaf", and one of the flower embosslits.



Just in case you haven't seen any of the embosslits that SU has to use in their Sizzix Big Shot machine, the flowers on the card were made from one of them. The leaves, were made from the little leaves sizzlets die-cut, and the vanilla piece is the Top Note Bigz die-cut. The darker areas of the flowers are the embossed areas, and I took them a step further when I got home and colored them with the fine point end of my Versamarker, and heat embossed them with some SU clear embossing powder. They looked great without the heat embossing, I am just obsessed with heat embossing right now. The swirls stamped on the vanilla piece are from SU Baroque Motifs stamp set, and the sentiment is from Sincere Salutations Stamp set. The card base and leaves are Always Artichoke, and Elegant Eggplant on top of that. The flower centers are Stampin Up's Rhinestone Brads, the flowers, and leaves were attached with SU Stampin Dimensionals. I think that about covers it. As always, feel free to contact me or leave a comment if you have any questions. Come back again this week, as I have 3 other projects from this fabulous workshop to show you. Two of the the projects involve the Big Shot, and the last one utilized the new Circle Scissor that Stampin Up sells now. Oh, and thanks again to my upline, Lila, for these great project ideas, and for letting us play with your new tools! We all had a great time crafting at your house!

Blessings, Lisa

No comments: