Thursday, April 16, 2009

I don't know what to say

except that I may not be able to post for a few days, as one of my furry family members is sick. My miniature Dachshund, Brandy has Peripheral Vestibular Syndrome. It comes on rather suddenly, and it is caused by inflammation of the inner ear. The poor thing is extremely dizzy, so she has an upset stomach, and can barely walk straight. I did some research on this on the net, and it can last from anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks. We are supposed to hold her alot and hand feed and water her. When she tries to walk after eating or drinking, she throws up. It kind of makes me feel helpless. We as a family are huge animal lovers, and consider them one of God's greatest gifts. So, she is one of our babies. I read this is very scary to the animal, and is very common in old animals (she's almost 15). So, please excuse my absence, and pray for Brandy to have a quick recovery. I will be back as soon as I am able, don't give up on my blog.


Blessings to all, Lisa

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Poor little Brandy. That is the sweetest picture I've ever seen.

Prayers & a big hug.

Unknown said...

I was just visiting your blog from a comment you left on mine. I saw this post and as a fellow animal lover I felt so bad for little Brandy. I lost my little doxie that was a wonderful part of my family for 16.5 years! I miss her terribly. I tried to find another update up didn't. Please let us know how Brandy is feeling!
Worried in OKC, OK Diane :-)