Monday, April 6, 2009

An Old Stampin Up Favorite

of mine is what I decided to post today. Stampin Up's "Cute Critters" is one of those stamp sets for me that I may never part with, mostly because I love SU's hedgehogs, and the one in this set is too cute. Anyways, here is the card:



First I started out stamping these two images on watercolor paper, because I was in the mood to color. I had no idea what I was going to do with them afterwards. So, they sat on my table for oh.........2 weeks. Tell me this happens to you viewers as well! I colored, matted......and then went completely blank! So, finally here it is finished. Yes, I am unsatisfied with it, I am my own worst critic. But then, aren't we all? I seemed to have lost my ability to keep things straight on this card! Yes, Lydia, (my friend from Understand Blue), I know I should purchase a stamp-a-majig, and read your article on this very thing in the March, 2009 issue of "Scrap & Stamp Arts" magazine. Yes, I am very proud of her, and not afraid to brag about the fact that she is my friend! Hi Lydia! Ok, on with the card........The card base is Regal Rose card stock, then Very vanilla is layered on top of that. The cute critters are mounted on Lavender Lace card stock, and the sentiment is stamped in Lavender Lace Classic Ink from Stampin Up. Now onto the contraband items. The ribbon is from KI Memories, the flowers are from Prima (where else), the cute little pearl centers on the flowers are from Michael's Craft store. I adhered the ribbon with Snail adhesive, and it is hard to tell, but the critters are popped up with some foam dimensionals. That about sums it up. Gotta run, my DH is patiently waiting to help me with something her in my wonderful craft room. Until next time, Blessings! Lisa

No comments: