Thursday, July 16, 2009

Using leftovers on cards?

Sounds like I am talking about food, but I assure you that I am talking about paper crafting. If you have been following my blog for awhile, then I am sure that you had read that I try to use all scraps and leftovers that I possibly can. Well, today is no exception. I got inspired by a card that I saw on Lydia Fiedler's blog, Understand Blue, where she had used some leftovers from cutting out one of Stampin Up's newest BigZ die cuts on another card. So, I began to remember that I had some leftovers from cutting out some flowers from the SU Flowers Daisies #2 BigZ die cut. So, I went to work on it, and this is what I came up with:




I took the negative piece left over, trimmed around the flowers to get it to the size that I wanted, and adhered it onto a card base. One word of warning though. This card is the second on that I made, the first one that I made, I made a tiny boo boo on. The medium size flower down at the bottom gets cut off a tiny bit to fit onto the standard A2 size card (4.25" x 5.5"). So, adhere the leftovers first, then trim the bottom very carefully with an xacto knife and a straight edge of some kind. The centers of the flowers were made with Stampin Up's Sizzlets die cut Buttons #5, and were adhered with some stampin dimensionals just to pop them up a wee bit. Card stock colors used on this card are Barely Banana, Almost Amethyst, and Lavender Lace. The sentiment if stamped in Lavender Lace ink, and is from the stamp set Trendy Trees.

The card below is the one that I made first. As you can see I covered the little boo boo with a strip of Crushed Curry card stock. A strip of ribbon probably would have done the trick as well. Other than that, the card base is Lavender Lace, the leftover piece is Elegant Eggplant, and the flower center buttons are Crushed Curry. The sentiment is from retired stamp set "Warmest Regards", and it is stamped in Elegant Eggplant Ink. I hope you liked them! Until next time...............................

Blessings, Lisa

No comments: