Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stamping on Patterned Paper

is something that I rarely do, and I have no idea why, because it looks really cool. I think that we all get into that same stamping habit, to stamp on white card stock, always white card stock. Think about it, what color card stock do you run out of the quickest? Me.....white of course. Try to challenge yourself sometime, to not use any white or vanilla card stock on a card. That is a definite challenge, especially if you are using stamps. Anyone can come up with a "no stamps used" card without using white or vanilla. Anyways, I used some simple ideas...........three to be exact to show you today. The first card has the same layout that my color challenge post from the other day has. The difference, is that I stamped on some DSP. Here they are:


I used the bird stamp from the Stampin Up stamp set called "Bird on a Branch" to stamp on the coordinating Designer Series Paper called "Flock Together". The paper that I chose had alot of turquoise in it, so I stamped on it with Taken with Teal craft ink. I think if you try to stamp on DSP with SU classic ink, it will smear, due to the water base of the ink and the slick coating on the paper. Anyways, as you can see I used the Full Heart punch to punch out the bird .

The second card, I did the exact same thing, except that I punched out the bird with a square punch, and arranged them on the card slightly different.


The third card, I decided to do very little stamping. The sentiment is from the Trendy Trees stamp set, and is stamped with Night of Navy Classic ink. The hearts were punched out of the same paper from the pack "Flock Together". The two different hearts are the pattern on the reverse side of the turquoise hearts. I love two sided paper. The base of this card as I am sure that you noticed is Very Vanilla, unlike the first two which were Whisper White. See, there is that Whisper White again. So hard to avoid. The panel that the hearts are adhered to is Night of Navy card stock.


That sums up my shares for today, I hope you saw something that you liked. I have out of town family member to see Sunday afternoon, so I will be back to blogging on Monday. I already have something ready to share with you. Until then.......Blessings, Lisa



P.S. Sorry about the position of my name watermark, I am dealing with some photo software kinks. I think there are Gremlins in it, but I have no proof.






No comments: