Friday, June 5, 2009

A Stampin Up old favorite

Hello. I decided to get out an old and retired Stampin Up stamp set and make a card with it. The retired stamps deserve to be used just as much as the new ones. So, when you can't decide what to stamp with, get out one of your old favorites, maybe you will become inspired. I used the set called "A Little Love". It has alot of cute little images with a sentiment right under it with the image on the same stamp. My niece is a sophomore in college, and next week she has final exams. So, I decided to make a handmade card to send to her to brighten her day. Here it is:



I saw something similar to this a very long time ago on Splitcoast stampers web site, and have been wanting to try it. The frame around the images is actually popped up higher than the images in the squares. I made this by creating a template out of clear acetate. However, I still did not manage to punch the squares as even as I had wanted to. Funny, they were even on the template? haha. Oh well, life goes on. the images were colored with my SU markers, and they are on 1" squares. They are mounted on 1-1/4" squares, and the square openings of the frame are 1-3/8" squares. The scallop border was made with one of the new EK Success border punches. I also brightened up some of the swirls on the DSP that is on the frame with my SU white gel pen. Oh, and the frame is mounted on some water color paper to give it some strength. All card stick and DSP is from Stampin Up, and that sums it up. Have a great weekend and happy stamping!

Lisa

No comments: