Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Ocean Commotion and Sponging

I was originally going to put the image that you will see today on yesterday's mosaic card, but was afraid that it was too big and would cover too much of the mosaic pattern that I worked so hard on. So, I worked out another layout for this stamped image:



Ok, the very first thing that I did was to cut out a rectangle with my Spellbinder's Nestibilities Rectangle die-cuts. Boy do I wish Stampin Up would carry these things, but then that catalog is so full already. Anyways, I left the card stock in the die-cut, and then stamped along all of the four sides of the rectangle with the water swish stamp form the Ocean Commotion stamp set, and my Versamark ink pad. Then, I added clear embossing powder to the swishes, and heat set.

Next, I stamped and heat embossed two Sea Horses from Ocean Commotion. Then, I got out my stamping sponges, and my Night of Navy and Ballet Blue ink pads, and started sponging some ink onto the edges heavily and the center very lightly, until I had achieved the look that I had envisioned. Then, I wiped the ink off of the swishes with a tissue. Next I added the sentiment from SU's Retired "Warmest Regards" onto a tag, added a bit of ribbon to the tag and a blue Rhinestone brad from Stampin Up, and adhered that to the card.

The final thing that I did was to adhere some ribbon scraps and brads for a little embellishment.

The next time I will have something prepared with some of the new stuff from the upcoming Stampin Up 2009-2010 catalog. New stamps, new in-colors, I can't wait to play with my new stuff that arrived today! Until then, Blessings to all. Lisa

No comments: