Monday, April 20, 2009

Forest Friends and the Word Window Punch

Hello. Thanks for the warm wishes for my sweet doggie, she has been slowly improving each day. I am hoping to get her to eat today, she is making me a little nervous about that one. However, she is drinking plenty of water, so that is a step in the right direction. Ok, on with a card. I saw this totally cute card layout over on Splitcoaststampers.com, and absolutely had to case it. As always, I changed it some. Here is a link to the card that inspired me. And, here is my take on it:














The card base is SU Kraft card stock, the monochromatic purples are Almost amethyst, Lavender Lace, and Lovely Lilac. The sentiment is from the Trendy Trees Stamp Set, the scalloped circle is Very Vanilla card stock. I used my SU Lovely Lilac marker to make the dots in the scallops and above and below the word window shapes. Yes, I used a straight edge to keep the word window shapes in a straight line across the card. I stamped, cut out, and popped up the deer with some foam dimensionals. Watch those skinny legs of his if you cut him out, it is easy to cut or tear them off accidentally. The last thing is that the three purple rhinestones are from Hero Arts. I also made on in Blue monochromatic colors, which you can see in the following picture:


















After I got the Blue Word Window Shapes onto the card base, it made me think of a dear friend of mine, Lydia Fiedler. Her favorite color is blue, and she likes owls. Me likey Seahorses, she likeys owls. So, I stamped the owl from the Forest Friends stamp set. He need to see some ink anyways. I am thinking that the bunny from this stamp set might look good on pinks. I may add that one later. Yep, a basic gray bunny , on Monochromatic pinks!

Anyways, onto the colors used: Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, and Brilliant Blue. Everything else is the same, except the blue rhinestones are from Michael's on this card. Tune back in later today, I might have a couple more of these posted.

Oh, speaking of my friend Lydia, pop on over to her blog today because she has made and posted the cutest birds made from Paper punches, and I think one of the new die-cut scallop circles from Stampin Up. Anyways, they are too cute, go see them! Oh, another link.....I heard Jennifer McGuire is on the Hero Arts Blog all of this week, and she is so creative. So, pop on over there and see what she has made to show us all, I am sure it will be some too cute eye candy. I put a link to her blog as well, awesome card ideas over there. Am I just full of links today or what? What can I say, its Monday so my daughter is at school, my husband is at work, and I am all alone to stamp and create! Gotta love that. Ok, off to do a few chores and eat lunch, so I can get back to stamping. Whew Who! Have a great day. Blessings, Lisa

No comments: