Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sprinkles in Circles?

Have you ever wondered what you could do with Stampin Up's background stamps besides use them for backgrounds? Well, I was looking at my Sprinkles stamp set, and asked myself this very question. For those of you who know me well, I am all about getting as much bang for your buck as possible. So, the following card is what my brain came up with this evening:





















I figure that you will either love it, or hate it. Hopefully you will love it. I was in the mood for circles and bright colors. So every color used here is from Stampin Up's Bold Brights color group.
First I stamped two of the stamps with some Bold Brights ink onto Whisper White card stock., then I punched parts of them out with circle punches. Punch size and shapes do not matter, I happened to choose circles. Then I adhered them off center to plain colored card stock. The next thing that I did was to place them randomly on the right side of my Green Galore card base. I purposely put some over the edge of the card base, then cut them off using the card base as a guide. I then decided to add the cut pieces to the card, why waste them? Then I stamped the sentiment by coloring the stamp with SU Brilliant Blue marker one word at a time, so that I could space them apart. Remember if you do this, clean the stamp after stamping each word.
I almost left it at that, but I was in the mood to color, so I did. That about sums it up. I will list the colors used below just in case anyone viewing is new to Stampin Up's colors.

Colors Used:
Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Lovely Lilac, Green Galore.

Blessings, Lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love this! I was searching Splitcoast for some ideas on how to use my sprinkles set and saw this there. It's adorable, thanks for the idea! love your blog, I will be scoping it out for more card ideas!