Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Big Shot Scallop Envelope Basket

Hello. Please excuse my absence again, I managed to lose my memory card for my digital camera. From now on, I shall keep a spare around. So, just a quick post to show you the final project from my Stampin Up upline meeting a couple of weeks ago. We made a cute little square basket out of four scalloped envelope die-cuts ran through the Big Shot machine. A picture of the die-cut can be found on page 196 of the SU Spring-Summer catalog. Anyways, here is a photo of the basket:




I have to thank my upline, Lila for the design of the basket. Thanks again Lila! If you click on the photo and zoom in, you will notice that the basket is held together by the side flaps of the envelope shape. We used our sticky strip on each of these. The basket handle is held on with a couple of silver brads, and to keep the handle stationary, I also put a small piece of sticky strip under each brad. The cute little embellishment on the front was made with the SAB stamp set called Polka Dot Punches, a circle punch, a scallop circle punch, and a blue Rhinestone Brad. A strip of Designer paper (also from SAB) was cut, wrapped around the basket and adhered again with my sticky strip. Now, the bottom of the basket was a bit unstable, so I used sticky strip yet again to keep the flaps from moving. See the next photo below:






A square piece of card stock added to the bottom inside of the basket would also help make it stronger as well. That about sums it up. I used mine for an Easter decor, with little chicks and eggs in it. I am picturing it looking real cute setting out at a bridal or baby shower as a decoration or treat holder as well. Just change the colors and designer paper to fit your theme.


I have a couple more photos to show below of the sides of the basket. If you have any questions, drop me an email or comment. Blessings, Lisa





No comments: