Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Some Cute Animal Cards!

Hello. I found some absolutely adorable digi images from a brand new digi image online company over on Paper Craft Planet. The company is called Wink, Wink, Ink. I couldn't resist downloading her freebie cat image, and buying several others. I made some cards with them, and here is what I came up with:
This first card was made with their Freebie Kitty, which you can find on their blog. There is a link to their blog on my sidebar, which I will add as soon as I finish this post. My card base is Stampin Up's Very Vanilla, the DSP is from the Patterns Pack III hostess reward, I used Stampin Up ink refills and blender pens to watercolor the images, and Nestibilities to cut and mount the images. The flowers are Prima, and there centers are sticky gems from Michael's.
I so fell in love with this little Dachshund digi, as I have a doxie myself named Brandy. Brandy has a smooth Brindle coat of black, red and tan, so I tried to make the image look like my Brandy. Brandy is having a bad day with her arthritis today. We had her on meds for it, but they were giving her kidneys trouble, so we took her off of it. She has her good days, and her bad days, so say a little prayer for her if you have time.

This last features a digi called "Chihuahua in a teacup". Is it too cute or what? Love it! Lookat that little face, it is so cute! Anyways, I used an Ek Success border punch on the Pretty in Pink Rectangle, very tricky at the corners, but I didn't do too bad. No, it doesn't come with a coordinating corner punch, I had to be very careful and steady to get them to look that even. Big pat on my back for that one, I think! The ribbon and the cute little ribbon slide is from Stampin Up, and the sticky gems are from Michael's.

If you have any questions, leave me a comment that I can reply to.
Until next time.................................Blessings, Lisa


2 comments:

Cindy Jenkins said...

Cute cards! Hey, where did you get the scalloped edged piece that is on your last card (the one with the pup in a cup)? Is that one of those love notes that are in the occasions mini?
I've been so busy sewing that I haven't stamped in a few days....except for Mon when I went to a class.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Lisa. I really love your little guy! You did an awesome job coloring him. Great card. Have a wonderful Sunday. Lisa G