Thursday, February 11, 2010

Soft Pencil Thursday

Wow, what a week here in Ohio, the snow has kept us busy, busy. Our kids haven't had any school until today, and it was a short day for them on a two hour delay. I am so ready for winter to be over.


Well, enough chit chat, lets move on to Soft Pencil Thursday, my favorite blogging day of the week. We had a very cute Valentine image to work with, and also an awesome challenge to go with it. We were asked to make a Spring Card, not the season, a card that has a portion of it that "springs" up. I have never made one of these before, so thank heavens for Splitcoast tutorials. I loved this style card, so easy! So, here is my take on it:



So, are Spring cards with Soft Pencil Images the cutest, or what? If you haven't visited the Soft Pencil store and blog lately, you can find a link to it over on my side bar. Click on the image that has the Soft Pencil logo on it.

The card base is some designer paper from the retired Stampin Up Bella Rose collection, the Michu image was cut out and mounted on some SU Shimmer White card stock, the corner pearls are a mixture from Hero Arts and Michael's. The flowers are silk from Prima, with a Die Cuts with a View Button for their centers. I simply folded the flowers in half, using a very small piece of extra tacky tape to keep them that way, adhered them to the paper with another piece of the same tape, then added the button with some liquid tombow glue. Thanks for visiting, and I will be back before Sunday with one more last minute, five minute simple valentine card. It is so fast to make, you won't believe it.

Until Next time..............Blessings, Lisa

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Beautiful Lisa, I love all the little hearts, so sweet!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This came out great Lisa!!!

Julie said...

Just precious, love the hearts.

Cat said...

Lisa, your card turned out so cute! I love the DP, and those little pearl hearts are adorable!

Cindy Jenkins said...

Hey Lisa....cute cards!!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Lisa. Wow you would never believe that you had never made a spring card before! I think this and the stamp you used are just adorable.. I am so going to have to give this a try. Great card. What fun, Lisa G