Monday, February 15, 2010

One Blue Bunny!

Hello. Happy President's Day on Monday! I hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day; and that none of you ladies had to cook dinner on Valentine's Day. I know I got taken out for dinner, and loved every minute of it! So, I have a photo of a new stamp set below from Stampin Up called "Eggcoutrements", that is so dog-gone adorable that I just had to have it. I assembled it as soon as I got it, sat down to work with it, went completely blank. So, I went to Splitcoast Stampers website, and every other website that I could think of to find samples to inspire me. Well, hardly anything could be found! Apparently everyone else either didn't buy it yet, or was just as confused as what to do with it as I was. I went to an SU upline meeting, and desperately wanted to make a swap sample with it to share and I made the most awful card as far as I was concerned. So, I decided not to share it on here. But, wouldn't you know, the next night after the meeting a couple of ideas came to my brain. Doesn't it always work that way? So, scroll down, and you will see one of them.
Tah dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simple, clean, and kind of cute! Who can resist that cute little bunny face! Why did I make one of them blue? Why not? I felt like it!


So, here is what I did. Several of the stamps in this set coordinate with Stampin Up's paper punches. The bunny goes with the 1" circle, the "For You on Easter" sentiment goes with the Designer Label Punch, the floral border stamp goes with the Scallop Edge Punch, the Easter Basket stamp goes with either the Small or Large Tag Punch (depending on whether or not you want a white border around the image), and the cute little Chickie doesn't coordinate with any punch. So, I stamped my bunnies, punched them with my 1" circle punch, then mounted them on shapes made with the Curly Label Punch, mounted them on some Kraft card stock, stamped my Happy Easter sentiment (Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set) in Lovely Lilac, rounded the corners of the card base with my SU 3/16" Corner Rounder punch and that was it. Pretty darn quick and easy.

As always; until next time.................... Blessings, Lisa

1 comment:

Elizabeth P said...

So cute kit and so cute card Lisa!!!

I left a surprise for you on my blog, I hope you like it! ;)