Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Soft Pencil Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday to everyone! I hope everyone is having fabulous holidays, whichever ones you celebrate! I had a great Christmas. We are a bit tight on money, but my fabulous hubby still managed to get me an awesome present, and of course it was something that I can use in papercrafting. He got me one of those new Martha Stewart Punch all over the page punches! Not the border punches that allow you to punch the corners too, it is a single punch, that you can use in the middle of a sheet of 12 x12 scrapbook page if you want. I will have to play with it and show you what it can do, that is once I figure out what it can do. haha. Kidding, it looks easy, we shall see.

On to the business of today!!!!!! You all know by now that I absolutely love Soft Pencil images, this weeks image is no exception. It is called "Ratiny on a Cupcake"....it even sounds cute. Here is what I made with it:

Have you ever heard anyone in the papercrafting industry use the phrase "let your designer paper do the work for you"? Well, that is what I did with this image. I colored the image with some Prismacolor markers and some teal Smooch shimmer paint, cut it out with some Rectangle Nestibilities, and then went through my paper stash to see what I could find. I found the above cupcake paper that I thought would be perfect for the image. Yes, the strip on the left is part of the paper, not a real ribbon! So cool, don't ya think? I added my image, a punched out sentiment, some sticky gems, and all done. It was so easy.

Now, We DT members and the Soft Pencil Owner are taking a vacation during the month of January, but I understand that the Etsy store will still be open for you to purchase images from. Elizabeth is working very hard on new products and images and I imagine there will be an awesome grand re-opening when she is finished. I can't wait to see what she is working on!

To Elizabeth, thanks for a great year working with your adorable images and papers! I loved every minute of it, and look forward to working with your new products in 2011! Hugs! Lisa

To my blog readers, please keep checking back, I will still be posting cards, scrapbook pages, and anything else that I feel inspired to make during the month of January!

Blessings to all...............................Lisa



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card!! Thosse are some of my favorite colors to create with!! Blessings and hugs!!

Elizabeth P said...

What a beautiful post Lisa! thank you very much to be part of Softpencil family!!! ;)

About your card... I love it! I love the combo between coral and teal, two gorgeous colours :)

Happy New Year my friend!!!

Fink said...

So darling! I might have to steal this layout design! Let's say borrow it! LOL Very pretty

Kerry said...

Very very cute Lisa, I love the layout and the paper! Happy New Year!! Hugs!