Thursday, March 26, 2009

Butterflies Sneak Peek

Hello. I am back again with another sneak peek card from an upcoming stamp set from Stampin Up's next mini catalog which begins on April 1st! For this card, I went clean and simple. Only a couple of butterflies and a sentiment from the set "Great Friend".

First I stamped the butterflies on the white card base, then I stamped them again on some vellum card stock with Stampin Up Craft Ink, and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Next, I cut out the vellum butterflies, bent them a little at their centers, glued them on with crystal effects, added a few sticky gems for their bodies, then heat embossed the sentiment with craft ink and clear embossing powder. Finally, I rounded all four corners of the card base.
The most time consuming thing was cutting out the butterflies, and even that only took a few minutes each.
I hope you like it!

Blessings, Lisa






Supplies Used: Stampin Up Whisper White card stock, SU vellum card stock, SU Lavender Lace, and Elegant Eggplant Craft Ink, SU Clear embossing powder, SU 3/16" corner rounder punch, clear sticky gems from Archiver's.

No comments: