Monday, January 26, 2009

Easy Valentines Card


Hello. I was in the mood to make a simple valentine card last night, and this is what I came up with. I used one of the stamps from the Hero Arts "Patterned Hearts" stamp set. Pop on over to their blog, and check out their online catalog. They have some cute stamps. So, The picture quality is not too good, as I am still scanning instead of taking photos. I will correct that issue in the next few days, it is driving me nuts! How the heck did we survive without digital cameras? Anyways, I achieved the dotted square image by running the card stock through my cuttlebug with one of my small embossing folders. There are 4 square frames in a set. Then I took my Stampin Up Real Red Marker, and dabbed it on each raised dot. Next I stamped the heart on my versamark ink pad, then a real red classic ink pad, then on card stock (whisper white) and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. It is kind of hard to tell in the photo but I stamped the red ink lightly on the stamp, then again darker on the edges of the heart. I am sure you have all heard of this method called the "Rock and Roll" technique. Next I cut a panel of red card stock from my "Die Cuts With a View" stash. I couldn't get that heart border punch through the thick Stampin Up card stock. Bummer! After the border was finished, I added some cute satin offray ribbon to it that a friend gave me, and some red sticky gems that the same friend gave me. So easy, I had it made in a flash. I hope you enjoy.

Speaking of cute stamps, have you seen the new Stampin Up catalog? Oh, my gosh, they have so many new and adorable stamp sets, and some really fun new accessories, from glitter, to buttons, to corduroy buttons to new chipboard shapes and new cutting/embossing die cuts for the Big Shot machine. They also work in the cuttlebug if you already have that one. I am going to plan an open house soon to show off some of these new things, I just have to wait until they arrive at my door. Until then, click over to their website and view the catalog online. See link on my sidebar.


Blessings, Lisa

No comments: