Monday, January 5, 2009

Early Mother's Day card


Hello. I was feeling inspired when I saw my Prima flowers and my cuttlebug supplies sitting on my craft table, so this card was the result of that inspiration. Not too much stamping involved, but tomorrow there will be. The sentiment on the front is a hero arts stamp that I have had forever, and it came in a container with a dozen other nice sentiments for almost any occasion minus any holidays. I plan to stamp "Happy Mother's Day" on the inside, and sore it away for my mom. Good thing she doesn't have or play on computers. I was kind of bummed with how the photo turned out, the lighting was bad I guess, and you can't see the true colors on the card. I wanted to use these particular flowers, because they were a shade of blue that my mom loves, and the retired Buckaroo Blue color from Stampin Up matched them perfectly. So, I got out my treasured stash of Buckaroo Blue card stock and went to town cutting. Who better to use such a precious retired color on than a card for mom? The paper that the flowers are on is an iridescent white from The Paper Studio, and ran through my cuttlebug machine with one of my Die-cuts. Then I double mounted them on Buckaroo Blue and Bazzill's Navy card stock (I ran out of Night of Navy - one of my favorites). Next, I took some SU Whisper White, and ran it through my cuttlebug with one of my embossing folders. Then I sponged some Buckaroo Blue ink onto the embossed piece, and double mounted it as well. Then I pulled some ribbon from my stash that came close to matching, and adhered that, along with a blue rhinestone brad from SU. Next I stamped, sponged, double mounted a sentiment and adhered with foam dimentionals. The flowers are popped up with foam dimensionals as well. Then the last thing I did was to mount the whole thing onto some SU Whisper White card stock, sponge the edges, and add some light blue gems to the flowers. Tah Da. Now, always remember that any Cuttlebug die-cuts, and embossing folders can be used in the SU/Sizzix Big Shot. I can show you how! I already had a cuttlebug long before the Big Shot was introduced, so I continue to use that. If anyone wants to do a workshop using the SU Big Shot die-cuts, just let me know. We can do some really cute stuff with them. I need to go pay some attention to my daughter before bed-time, so I am off. Enjoy the close-up photo below, and come back tomorrow so we can "Embrace Life" together. Am I witty or what? Probably the "what".


No comments: