Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Elegant Flowers

Hello. Here is that card that I mentioned previously made with the Ornare Piercing template that was a gift from a friend. The image stamped in the middle is from a retired Stampin Up set called "Calming Garden".

First thing I did was to do all of the piercing on some Stampin Up Very Vanilla card stock, and draw the scallops lightly with a pencil (the template was scalloped along its edges). Next I cut out the scalloped edges and distressed then with a little Brown chalk ink from Color Box. Next, I stamped my image with the same chalk ink, and colored it with Stampin Up Markers and a blending pen.

Next I decided to try out my Liquid Pearls that everyone keeps talking about, this is how I got the pearl looking dots around the edges in each of the scallops. After the pearls dried, I sponged the Vanilla background lightly with some Stampin Up Pretty in Pink Classic ink. This is probably hard to see in the photo. Then I mounted the vanilla piece onto some Creamy Caramel card stock. Next I created a bow with some Anna Griffin Satin Ribbon that my friend gave me, and placed a pearl brad in the center of the bow to hold it all together. I will show a photo of how I held the bow and put a hole in it for the brad below. Next I mounted the whole thing onto a piece of Regal Rose card stock with foam dimentionals. Voila, an elegant card to send to mom or any other female at birthday time. When you see a photo of the Ornare template below, you will notice that I did not pierce all of the holes on the template. It is really a matter of what the individual prefers.

Here are what the template, piercing tool and mat look like. I know some of you have probably seen these before, but incase you haven't..........

They come in many different designs, just do a search on the internet under "Ornare" to find some online stores that sell them.







Ok, here is where I am using the piercing tool to assemble my bow, it keeps it all together, and creates a hole for the brad. If you have the old Memory Makers eyelet tool kit, there should already be a piercing tool in there. Once I had the bow as I liked it, I simply pulled it off the tool carefully to keep all of the holes lined up, and inserted the brad. The brad goes all the way through the ribbon base and first two layers of cardstock before the prongs are folded back.

It was at that point when I put the first two layers onto the card base with the foam dimensionals.

Below is another view of how I assembled the bow on the piercing tool.

This is an excellent way to make a bow if you aren't good at tieing them. Sometimes I tie bows well, sometimes I don't.



That about sums it up, if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment to to click on my sidebar email link.

Blessings, Lisa

1 comment:

Liz S. said...

Hi, Lisa! Getting caught up on your blog today! Really love the Ornare pattern you made here, and the colors you used!