Sunday, March 8, 2009

Easy Card with Pocket Silhouettes Stamp set

Hello. I had a fabulous Stampin Up workshop over the weekend. We all had a super fun afternoon of stamping. I am going to share one of the cards that we made. I do my best to prepare projects that are simple, quick to make, and yet still pretty. My hostess made out like a bandit with it being the Sale-a-bration sales period. Sale-a-bration; by the way ends on March 31st.

The new occasions mini catalog sales period starts on April 1st, and wow did they ever put some cute stamp sets in it. I will post some cards with them, as soon as they get delivered to my doorstep. Ok, on with the card:

Stampin Up's Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, oh how I love it! What we did here was so simple. I punched a 1-1/4" square out of a piece of scrap card stock, held it down onto the card stock (Whisper White) with one hand, and sponged some Stampin Up Classic Bashful Blue ink in the opening with the other hand. Then, we stamped the flower image onto the sponged square with Stampin Up Classic Basic Gray (another one of my favorites) ink. Next we stamped a sentiment in Basic gray ink at the bottom, tied some retired light blue gingham ribbon around the white cardstock, then adhered it to our Bashful Blue card base. All Done!








Using the negative space from paper punches is a great way to make use of something you would have likely thrown away. In the next photo, I used the negative space from Stampin Up's 5-petal flower punch to sponge a cute card background. I just kept moving my template around in random positions and sponging until I achieved the look I wanted.

Until next time..........Happy Stamping!

No comments: