Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bright and Cheery

Cards for a friend, that is what was on my agenda today. I have a friend that had to spend some time in the hospital recently because her sugar levels and bloodpressure were out of control. Unfortunately for her, both her parents are diabetics, and she had gestational diabetes with all 3 of her pregnancies, so it was inevitable she would become a diabetic. However, she had that under control with diet and pills. That disease seems to be unpredicable at times. Where she is getting the high bloodpressure from, they don't know. So, I said alot of prayers for her, and I know she likes handmade cards so I am sending her one with bright colors to brighten her day with. Here are the two versions that I made:


I have no idea who the manufacturer of this stamp is, as it doesn't say on the stamp, and I purchased it years ago at Garden Ridge for $1.00. Great deal, huh? Anyways, the design of it makes me think of stained glass windows, so I stamped it on vellum card stock from Stampin Up with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with black embossing powder. Do not try to heat emboss on regular vellum it is too thin, purchase some vellum card stock to do this! Then, I turned it over and colored the back with my Stampin Up markers. The greeting is from a tub of mini greetings by Hero Arts. I hand drew the polka dots around the greeting. The purple scallop circle that the greeting is on is popped up with dimensionals, the flower is a Prima flower, and the gemstones are from Michael's. The border under the butterflies is one of those new EK Success punches. Yes, I just had to try one, and I love it! That thing punched through my heavy Stampin Up card stock like it was butter! So awesome I am looking for all kinds of excuses to use it.

It is hard to see in the photo, but it is the Scalloped Scallops punch. Click on the photo to zoom in so that you can see the scallops. Me likey the scallops! I am sure my next post will have those awesome scallops in it too.

Now, this yellow version is the one I am mailing to my friend. I am hoping she is not seeing this yet. Anyways, the same method applies here, except the colors and border punch have changed. The border punch is a Martha Stewart Border punch. STILL LOOKING FOR THAT BUNNY BORDER PUNCH; BY THE WAY! Have any of you seen it? They want way too much for it on ebay, if you can find it! They had them at Archiver's, but sold out! Urgh! They only had the goofy ducky one! Bunnies are my favorite Easter character, I gotta have that punch! Yes I know, I am obsessed! Ok, "nuff said". I will give you a complete list of colors used below. Enjoy the Spring weather that has finally arrived and have a great week! Lisa

Supplies Used:
Cardstock ~ Stampin Up Vellum CS, Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac, Green Galore.
Markers ~ Stampin Up Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Pink Passion, Green Galore, Basic Gray.








































No comments: