Monday, March 30, 2009

Another Sneak Peak!

Hello. I have made a couple of cards from another upcoming stamp set from the Stampin Up Occasions Mini Catalog which begins on April 1st. This stamp set is called Forest Friends. Here is a photo of the whole set. Please remember that it is copyrighted by Stampin Up.


Is this too cute or what?
Ok, here are a couple of cards made with it.








I went a wee bit overboard with the scallops, but what the heck! This would make a very cute baby card, Easter card, thinking of you, etc..... I am completely in love with this little bunny. I think it looks like Thumper, and the deer in the set reminds me of Bambi. Anyhoo, the bunnies are stamped on Stampin Up Very Vanilla card stock, punched with a circle punch, mounted on some soft subtles punched with the SU scallop circle punch, and then each scallop is punched with a 1/6" circle punch. The three scallop circles are Bashful Blue, Lavender Lace, and Pretty in Pink. The ink is the same colors in SU Classic Inks. The scallop edges were all punched with the Stampin Up Scallop Edge punch.








For this one, I cutout a Top Note Die with Stampin Up Very Vanilla card stock. I am loving these die-cuts Stampin Up sells now, they have so many uses. I distressed the edges a little bit with a sponge and some SU Close to Cocoa Classic Ink. Next, I stamped the tree. Wow, was that tricky! I used SU Craft ink, as it doesn't dry up near as fast. I used a very small paint brush and dabbed the brush onto the ink pad, then colored the stamp with it. Using Garden Green on the leaves, and Close to Cocoa on the trunk and branches. I found this to be a bit tedious. But I love the end result. I guess this can also be achieved by coloring the stamp with SU markers and then breathing heavy on it to re-moisten the ink, or by spritzing it with water. I am not good at either of these methods, I must confess. Anyhoo, the bunny was stamped in Close to Cocoa, then again on a scrap piece of card stock. Then I cut it out and popped it up with some foam dimensionals. I did a very ditsy mess-up with the sentiment, and had to cover the mistake by stamping the sentiment again with Garden Green on a piece of scallop circle punched Certainly Celery card stock, and popped up on dimensionals. I distressed the scallop circle with Close to Cocoa as well. The last touch was to add a little ribbon with a green rhinestone brad (all Stampin Up), and round all four corners of the Certainly Celery card base. Just to recap, all materials and tools used to make these cards are from Stampin Up. Any questions, drop me an email. If you want to order this completely adorable set, let me know, or go to the Stampin Up Website and place and order. Just remember to use my name under the demonstrator space. See ya again soon, and have a great week. Blessings, Lisa

No comments: